Fixing a DPR Spa Pillar Mount to a windscreen stanchion.
The DPR Pillar Mount is fitted to the Caterham windscreen stanchion as follows:
1) Remove the middle securing bolt on the windscreen stanchion.
2) Push the supplied cap head bolt through the pillar mount base.
3) To minimise the risk of the bolt becoming loose, we recommend that the exposed thread should have thread lock added. Use blue thread lock on the exposed thread and on the base of the pillar mount before attaching to the stanchion.
4) Screw the cap head bolt in place using an allen key.
5) Position the pillar mount in the required alignment and as the cap head bolt is tightened hold in place with a spanner on the two flats.
6) We suggest that the threads for the pillar mount & Spa black nut are lightly lubricated with copper grease and also apply copper grease to the ball end on the Spa mirror stem.
7) When the Spa mirror is put on to the pillar mount ensure that the pillar mount is held in place whilst the Spa mirror conical nut is being tightened. Take great care not to over tighten this nut as this risks stripping the threads.
CAUTION - The thread length for the cap head bolt has been designed to minimise any risk of damaging the glass windscreen. However as tolerances can vary, take care to ensure the supplied cap head bolt does not bottom out on the windscreen glass. In the unlikely event this occurs, the bolt length should be reduced