Fixing a DPR Spa Pillar Mount to a windscreen stanchion.
Note: Particular care is required when tightening parts with aluminium threads, i.e. the cap head bolt securing the pillar mount to the windscreen stanchion and the Spa mirror black nut. The cap head bolt should not be tightened to more than 5 NM to avoid stripping the aluminium thread in the stanchion.
The DPR Pillar Mount is fitted to the Caterham windscreen stanchion as follows:
1) Remove the middle securing bolt on the windscreen stanchion.
2) Push the supplied cap head bolt through the pillar mount base.
3) To minimise the risk of the bolt becoming loose, we recommend that the exposed thread should have thread lock added. Use blue threadlock on the exposed thread and on the base of the pillar mount before attaching to the stanchion.
4) Screw the cap head bolt in place using an allen key.
5) Position the pillar mount in the required alignment and as the cap head bolt is tightened hold in place with a spanner on the two flats. Leave putting the mirrors onto the mount for 24 hours to ensure the threadlock sets firm.
6) We suggest that the threads for the pillar mount & Spa black nut are lightly lubricated with copper grease and also apply copper grease to the ball end on the Spa mirror stem.
7) When the Spa mirror is put on to the pillar mount ensure that the pillar mount is held in place whilst the Spa mirror conical nut is being tightened. This ensures that the pillar mount does not become loose. Take great care not to over tighten the Spa black nut as this risks stripping the threads.
CAUTION - The thread length for the cap head bolt has been designed to minimise any risk of damaging the glass windscreen. However as tolerances can vary, take care to ensure the supplied cap head bolt does not bottom out on the windscreen glass. In the unlikely event this occurs, the bolt length should be reduced